Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Alan Rickman

A funny thing I've noticed on the knitting forums (although probably not limited to them) is an obsession with Alan Rickman (Snape from the Harry Potter movies). Although already in several famous movies before the Harry Potter series, I personally never noticed him until then. And then when I saw Love Actually in 2003. And then I watched him in Sense and Sensibility and listened to him in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Notable Alan Rickman avatars on Ravelry (ravatars) include one of him as Snape holding a knitting magazine to his chest, and another one of his naked upper body holding onto a bust (of Apollo I think).

I don't know what it is about him...he's definitely not your stereotypical ladies' man. Perhaps it's that dry, cynical sense of humor combined with the hint of inner warmth his characters tend to portray that makes women swoon. I can't help but feel giddy thinking of him in Sense and Sensibility. heh heh.

No comments: