Tuesday, August 5, 2008

attencion deficit

I'm beginning to feel disappointed in myself. I've read about others noticing the phenomenon as well. I feel like I've got an inability to pay attention to just one thing for large amounts of time. I try to read articles, and if they're too long I feel like I shouldn't bother. I need to force myself to read to the end. I want to pick up some good science fiction or fantasy books to read, but the thought of spending all that time reading when I could be knitting or on the internet makes me avoid books. I haven't even read the last Harry Potter book yet! I haven't read the 6th of Jacqueline Carey's Kushiel books either! Is this a result of my knitting obsession, or is it the internet? Perhaps it started with World of Warcraft. Maybe I'm just not in a reading mood, and I'll just have to wait until my interests cycle back to reading again.

1 comment:

B L T said...

but nina, you can read + knit at the same time?

pick up that new cpike book!