Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Back into the groove of things

Last night I went to see Melody at the gym. She had me do 10 sets of alternating 10 kettlebell swings and 10 wheel outs on the rolling wheel of upper body doom. Then, I had to do 3 sets of 10 squats with a kettlebell and 10 presses with a kettlebell using each arm (holding the kettlebell at the chest and then pressing straight up). By the last kettlebell press, my left arm could not lift any more - muscle failure. Woohoo! It feels good to be sore today. I'll be even more sore tomorrow.

After dinner, Lawrence went with me to Borders where we bought some drinks and played Dominion. It was our second complete game and with that I decided to draw 10 random action cards to use. Lawrence wanted to use the suggested beginner action cards, but I put my foot down and made him choose 10 random ones. :) That's when I found out I got the rules wrong. I thought that you were supposed to re-shuffle all your cards after each turn. You discard all the cards in your hand after a turn, but you pick up your new 5 cards from your deck. It is only after you've exhausted all the cards in your deck that you shuffle the cards in the discard pile and make that your new deck. It made the game very fun to play.

We actually didn't finish the game before Borders closed at 11pm, so we took the game and drove to the dealership to finish the game in his office before going home. :D

ETA: oh my gourd...coughing hurts my abs...

No comments: