Tuesday, October 2, 2007

geeky to the max

Over on my crafting blog, I mentioned Ravelry.com - a new website being developed by a knitter-programmer couple to address the needs of knitters and crocheters around the world! It's still in its beta stages so they're only letting in a few hundred people each day. When I first put my name on the waitlist, there were over 19,000 people in front of me. They've since added better servers and so have upped the rate at which they're letting people in. Some others mentioned in the blog comments at Ravelry that they've been refreshing the page every few hours and writing down the changes in their place in line. Now why didn't I think of doing that?

Seeing an opportunity to exercise my geeky skills, I made a spreadsheet on Google Documents to track my progress and dynamically predict which day I will finally get my Ravelry invite. Sure, it's only basic algebra and not even real programming, but I'm still proud of myself. Here are some screenshots I chopped together:

No comments: