My first experience with Yakiniku (Japanese to-it-yourself BBQ) was at the Pasadena Gyu-Kaku 3 blocks from my apartment on July 4th with Lawrence and his brother. Josh loves the place and frequents the one in New York. Lawrence and I were both instantly enamored as well. Then I took my aunt here and she totally loved it, but a friend of hers told her there was a better yakiniku restaurant in Orange County. He was talking about a place called Anjin. Looking on Yelp, I found that there were actually several yakiniku restaurants in Orange County that are supposed to be very good. I must convince Lawrence to go try these places, and we can pick up my brother on the way! I never did get a chance to take him to eat ramen.
Anjin
3033 Bristol St Ste N
Costa Mesa, CA, 92626
(714) 979-6700
Manpuku891 Baker St
Costa Mesa, CA, 92628
(714) 708-3290
Tsuruhashi18798 Brookhurst St
Fountain Valley, CA, 92708
(714) 593-8393
1 comment:
tsuruhashi is famous in osaka. its the name of the korean immigrant area (yakiniku is actually the japanese spin on korean bbq), and there is this dark, dingy alley of yakiniku restaurants right out of tsuruhashi station.
we only went once, and it wasn't all you can eat. sadly :(
Post a Comment