Thursday, January 10, 2008

work

I feel uncomfortable if I don't have stuff to do at work. For some reason I don't count the long-term open-ended projects as work because they have no due date. Lately it seems I've been assigned all the random jobs...learn FlowCharter 2007 (flow chart making software) and train this group of people how to use it; meet with this group and tell them about automated QA testing; plan this co-worker's retirement banquet! I may even get to help with some SQL training.

All in all, I don't mind. I find some of this fun, educational, and a good overall experience. I just wish I didn't feel so damn expendable. I was rather proud of myself for actually calling the hotels about catering with only a modicum of hesitation, but I don't think that's anything my bosses would be excited about. :P I'm trying to get myself to create an informational webpage for the banquet but it's hard to focus on it. I should just buckle down and do it! I need more experiences like this in design, where I get full freedom to design it how I want and I don't have to follow any sort of predefined standard.

4 comments:

B L T said...

nina!!! i just googled hanakimi -japanese drama and oguri shun is sano izumi!!! oh god its kind of lame how happy that made me. (oguri shun was rui in hyd) :D :D haha i feel like a fangirl

B L T said...

nina... they just started filming the hyd movie, and they're going to the US, in addition to HK and Japan. if i find out they're going to be in LA, i will freak. they'll probably go to NY... :(

B L T said...

woohoo, third consecutive comment regarding doramas...i'm actually downloading Densha Otoko (train man) which also has oguri shun as a side character. i've heard its good. he's in a new drama called binbo danshi too right now.

ooh but you know, if they make a sequel to hanakimi, they will hopefully come to norcal, since sano is supposed to go to berkeley for college. !!!! a sequel seems likely, since it just won best new drama, best lead actress and best supporting actor (nakatsu).

B L T said...

they're going to vegas!!!!