Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Another tiring workout

Last night was another tiring workout

30 swings on each side with the sledgehammer. Last time we did circular swings where you bring the hammer behind you, over your head, and then down onto the tire in a circular motion. This time the swings were directly overhead. Starting with the sledgehammer straight in front of you, you bring it up and directly over your head, taking care not to hit yourself in the back, and then you swing it down straight in front of you again.

20 one handed swings on each side with the 26lb kettlebell.

15 reps on each side with the sandbag. I'm not sure how many pounds the sandbag was. First you pick up the sandbag by the "waist" and lunge forward. On the side of the leg that is bent behind you, you bring the sandbag forward, up, and around in as large of a circular motion as you can manage. Bring your forward leg back.

This time it was the sandbag exercise that was killer. I had to rest each time I finished 5 reps on each side. Lawrence agreed the sandbags did it for him as well. I could also tell I had a difficult time using my left hand on the sledgehammer swings. It was difficult to not have it rest against my head when it reached behind me.

No comments: