Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday Dinner

Lawrence went to Gyu-Kaku for dinner with his brother...without me and without even telling me until I called him to ask what he was doing. :/ So, I made dinner for myself. There were a few recipes out of "How to Cook Everything" I had wanted to try and I already had all the ingredients. I made 2 dishes: quinoa with shallots, leeks, and scallions; and garlic roasted brussels sprouts.

The quinoa was pretty good. It was real easy to eat and is supposed to be *super* nutritious. I did not burn my brussels sprouts this time. They ended up nicely browned. I wonder if my oven runs hot? I only needed to cook them for 20 minutes at 450F, versus the 30 minutes instructed in the book. This time I also smashed each clove of garlic with the flat of my knife before adding it. They ended up deliciously crispy at the end.

2 comments:

B L T said...

did you know that 100% of organic quinoa in america comes from bolivia?

matikin9 said...

No! I did not know that! :) I was surprised by how easy it was to cook and how mild the taste is. You could probably do whatever you want with it.