Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Yayayay

It's funny what a little bit of communication can do for you.

I forgot my cell phone at home, and given the events of this morning didn't want to call Lawrence even though I wanted to check up with him on how things were going. My boss asked if Muffin got her medicine yet and I thought, screw it, I'll call. So, I talked to Lawrence and he seems much calmer. The cat got her pill at the vet, we got more instructions on how to do it correctly (squeeze from above the head, like headphones).

I just finished demoing the site I'm working on to my boss. All the stuff that needs to be done for it has been bouncing around inside my head all day. He really helped to reassure me and re-prioritize for me what needs to get done. It's especially important because he's much higher on the totem pole than me, so with his approval I can lower the priorities of a lot of the stuff I was stressing over (mostly the consistency of font styles from content I copy/pasted from the old site). I also got an e-mail response from the IT people about certain issues I had with the site, so I've got a better idea of what I need to do with it. Things are going better, yay!

Now, my only concern is to contact IT about when we go live because even though I still have content to fix, we need to stay on schedule.

No comments: