Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Kitty Update

I thought I posted about this but I guess it slipped my mind...we took Muffin back to the vet when we told them that she wasn't eating anything and had not passed any poop. Lawrence took her to the vet (I had to go back home when I was halfway to work because he couldn't get her into the carrier, haha). They gave her an enema and she passed 8 meatball-sized hairballs. I wish I could have seen them.

She still wasn't eating much after that (I don't blame her, it was probably pretty traumatic) even though her temperature is normal, so on Monday the vet gave me some multivitamins and an anabolic steroid to give her. This steroid apparently does not damage the liver and will stimulate muscle growth, which will cause her to have a voracious appetite. They said it works very well but they couldn't get it for a few years because humans would abuse it. When I woke up this morning, all her food from yesterday was gone so it looks like things are getting better. :) Once she's back to normal I'll be able to take her in for her vaccines.

No comments: