Melody had a "300" workout for me last night. It's 30 reps each of 10 different exercises. Unfortunately, yesterday was my day off and my body was pretty out of whack. I had only one meal the entire day, and that was 12 dumplings at about 2pm. I was also hella tired and took a 2 hr nap before working out. I only got through 6 of the 10 exercises and I'm pretty sure I could have gotten through more if I had kept myself hydrated, rested, and fed throughout the day.
Assisted pull-ups - With the bar on the Smith machine set to about chest level, cross your feet and do pull-ups.
Kettlebell swings - With a 12kg kettlebell.
Squats - With an 8kg kettlebell.
Push-ups - I did 15 from the feet and finished with 15 from the knees.
Half get-ups - With an 8kg kettlebell. The first half of a Turkish get-up. Lying on the ground, one leg bent and one straight, hold the kettlebell at the chest and press it straight up. Bring yourself to a sit up positiong, putting your weight onto your other arm's forearm and then hand (with the kettlebell still raised). Lower yourself by doing the reverse.
Rows - With the 8kg kettlebell I think, 15 with each arm.
The exercises I didn't get to included lunges, kettlebell snatches, kettlebell clean & press/jerk (er, don't remember which), and one more.
I stopped by Gelson's afterwards to make my meals for the week. I cooked up some spaghetti with Italian tomato sauce, some sauteed Italian squash/zucchini, ground beef, and sausage. The sausage had been sitting in the fridge for a while so I'm not sure if they're still entirely good. Lawrence thought they tasted sour but I thought they were fine. Total, the batch I made cost about $10. The sauce was $5.00, the squash + zucchini were $2.50, the ground beef was $2.00. The sausage and the 1 lb. (dry) of spaghetti I already had on hand (Lawrence's mom is constantly giving us tons of noodles - udon, soba, somen, spaghetti, linguini, etc. - I've got a box full of just dried noodles).
Unfortunately Lawrence won't eat any more of the pasta because the sausage has tainted everything else with its sourness. My tummy has been just fine so far though, so let's see how far this will get me. So far, it has been good for last night's dinner and today's lunch. I'll heat some up for a quick dinner before going to my knitting group tonight, so that's effectively $3.33 per meal so far. Although, if I count Lawrence's dinner last night, that makes it $2.50 spent for each of 4 meals as of tonight. There is still a ton of it left and I think I may even be able to get through Friday dinner with this pasta.
Next time I'd like to make a creamier sauce, or something that will stick to the noodles more. Maybe I need a higher sauce to noodle ratio. I briefly tried to find something online about noodle:sauce ratio but nothing popped up.
Unless I cut up the noodles so they're smaller or use a smaller pasta, I think it may be better to keep any large additions on the side. The chunks of squash and sausage were not evenly distributed within the noodles. I had to scoop out the veggies from the bottom of the pot to balance out the noodles. I may try cooking the ground beef with the sauce next time, or maybe make some sauce from scratch. I didn't want to bother this time because the jar said not to boil the sauce - perhaps because that would remove too much water content. I gave it a nice extra little kick by adding some red pepper flakes. I've found that I'm more comfortable with consuming medium-spicy foods and will actually prefer it for the kick it gives. That reminds me of the Koreans I knew in college. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment