Friday, December 11, 2009

Blech

:( No workout last night.  I ended up staying late at work and I was too tired to try to rush to make it.  I didn't want to bother Lawrence by asking him to pick me up & drop me off at the gym.  I had also planned to use the extra time to get some cleaning up done.

Well, when I did get home, Lawrence cooked dinner.  He cooked up the 1.3lbs of shrimp we bought into 2 Chinese dishes - ketchup chili shrimp and shrimp with eggs.  I put rice in the cooker and he made one more dish - steamed ground pork.  We sat down at the dining table to eat dinner together, awwww.  We then ran the three new WoW instances (3.3 patch was this week).

Blech, that's when things went downhill.  I got tired pretty quick after that - it was about 10pm.  Granted, I've been pretty tired at night and have gone to sleep early this entire week.  However, I ended up plopping into bed while waiting for Lawrence to finish chatting with one of our guildies.  Maybe I was feeling crabby or something but I didn't bug him about cleaning up.  Apparently he was confused that I plopped into bed and was waiting for me to start cleaning so he could join me.

We discussed this at length when I woke up in the middle of the night at 3am because all the lights were on and he was making (what seemed like) a ruckus in the kitchen.  I didn't fall back asleep until 4-4:30am.  I woke up tired and with bags under my eyes at 8am.

And still - cleaning didn't get done.  We realized again how different our philosophies are.  Yet again, I feel like I do things wrong because he is all about the doing, which gets stuff done, and I'm about the planning, which gets stuff done efficiently (when or if it ever actually gets done).

And STILL we haven't cleaned.  I can't decorate.  We can't get a tree yet.  Tonight perhaps?

No comments: