Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New exercise regimen

I started a new exercise regimen.  It's a 6 week bootcamp of 3 hour-long sessions a week that takes place right across the street from my office.  Being that it's an hour long and it involves much cardio (including running), I'm not sure how much energy I'll have left if I still want to see Melody on Mondays.  Well, it's only for 6 weeks.

They require you to bring a jump rope, a pair of 3-5 lb. weights, and a yoga mat since it takes place completely outdoors.  It's a fairly large group of probably close to 30 people.  They also want you to track your food in a log.

It's too bad that I'm SICK.  URGH.  I was in Vegas over the weekend and ended up sick.  Initially it was the cigarette & cigar smoke that really irritated my throat and gave me a sore throat.  Then I got a stuffy/runny nose and my brain feels clogged.  It really sucks having to run around for an hour outdoors while sick, but I don't really have the time to make up classes.  They only let you make them up within the current session.

In their initial 2-minute test, I was able to do 20 push-ups and 19 sit-ups.  Body fat was 33.1% - low end of high & high end of normal.  I weighed in at 170 lbs, which has been relatively stable for the past year or two.  I really need to watch my diet more to lose weight and maintain a stable lower weight.  I hope tonight doesn't go too bad.  I'm not feeling great today though my throat isn't hurting.

No comments: