Friday, March 5, 2010

Old games that are not popular enough

My dad used to sign up for this magazine that would give you a floppy disk insert every month that had DOS software & games on it.  These disks kept me occupied in my elementary school days.  They had text-based adventure games, dungeon crawlers, first person shooters (pre-cursor to Doom),  puzzle games, word games, etc.

Sadly, I can't find any of them available for download on the internet.  I guess they JUST WEREN'T POPULAR ENOUGH.  ARGH.

ZZT
Conflagration
Catacomb 3D
Murder in the Museum
and a ton of others I don't remember the names of

There's also this one game that was on our copy of OS/2 Warp.  It was a puzzle game where you had a character that had to move boxes around on a tile-based grid.  It was similar to Chip's Challenge except there were no fancy water/fire/ice tiles and no monsters.  It just had one-way tiles and boxes arranged in specific ways.  The goal was to move the boxes to the indicated tiles.  I just can not for the life of me find any reference to this game.  O_O''

No comments: