I've decided to split this up into multiple posts. There's just too much to write about for one go. These posts are not really meant to be informative - more like a personal journal for me to record my impressions.
A couple weeks ago, we suddenly got the opportunity to go up to San Francisco to hang out with Josh & Sonny. I wasn't able to be there Friday until late at night so I missed out on the food concept tasting. Saturday we rented a car and drove up to Calistoga to stay at the Solage spa & resort. We ate at their Michelin-starred restaurant, Solbar, and relaxed at the geothermally heated pools before getting a relaxing mud treatment.
Sunday we drove to Yountville for brunch at Ad Hoc, and then drove up & down the highway for wine tastings. We stopped at Opus One, Robert Mondavi, & Joseph Phelps. For a late lunch we went to the Oxbow Public Market in Napa and gorged ourselves on raw oysters. We also tried a place there called Pica Pica Maize Kitchen. It serves Venezuelan street food consisting of various fillings over your choice of three different corn breads.
For dinner, we were back in San Francisco and tried out Heaven's Dog. Monday & Tuesday we relaxed in SF, shopping, eating, and looking at condos. I didn't call anyone up to hang out with because I wasn't sure of Josh & Sonny's plans and I didn't feel like I should go run off on my own but Lawrence assures me that it would be normal if I want to do so next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment