Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Workout & cookies

Tonight's workout:

- Holding onto one end of a 45 lb. bar with both arms held straight out, lunge to one side.  Lunge to the other side while bringing the end of the bar over.
- Lunges with a 24 lb. bar held on one shoulder, repeat with the bar held on the other shoulder.
- Raise the 24lb. bar, lifting it straight up hand over hand, then lower it hand over hand.
- Assisted pull-ups.
- With upper back resting on a balance ball and a bar held with arms straight, bring one tip over the head to touch the ground and then the other tip between the legs to touch the ground.

On my way home from the gym, I went to Sur La Table and bought a BeaterBlade mixer attachment with silicone wings that scrape the sides of the bowl and a Microplane zester.  I also stopped by Gelson's for a bag of key limes and a bag of King Arthur All-Purpose Flour.  This was so I could make a batch of key lime meltaways, recipe courtesy of smitten kitchen (adapted from Martha Stewart's recipe).

[cooling on the rack after baking]

[after being coated with powdered sugar]

Delicious!  The flat beater attachment worked perfectly.  I might need a little more sugar in the dough.  I also wouldn't mind adding more lime zest.  I definitely need to use regular salt instead of Kosher salt, which was the only salt I had.  :<  The texture of the cookies, however, turned out perfectly light and powdery.  Too bad Lawrence doesn't like citrus zest of any sort in anything.  I'm too lazy to take pictures since it's so late at night.  I still have another log of the dough in the fridge so I'll take pictures of the next batch.

No comments: