Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Workout & Food

Sunday was Melody's Kettlebells 102 workshop.  It involved more complex kettlebell exercises than the 101 workshop.  We did cleans, squats, presses, snatches, windmills, and push-ups.  We also learned a few variations on each and some two-kettlebell versions.  I did a double kettlebell snatch on the 8kg bells.  :)

Yesterday night's workout, just 3 exercises repeated twice:

x15 - One-legged inchworms
x15 each side - Lunge, touch ground with 10lb dumbbells, step back, lift dumbbells to shoulders and press
x15 each side - Renegade rows (hands on dumbbells in push-up position but with feet wider apart, lift one dumbbell to armpit, put it back down and lift the other to armpit).  I was technically supposed to do a push-up between each row, but I guess that was a little too much. :(

Ended with 15x - 1kg medicine ball crunches where I lift and lower my legs and hands, alternating passing the ball and extending the limbs.


Food
So I was good last week, and this week I got really lazy again.  I didn't cook over the weekend even though I had been planning to.  It's really going to take some dedicated planning time.  I have a spaghetti squash I want to do something with, plus the ground pork and green beans I bought last Thursday but still haven't cooked.  Lawrence's mom came over yesterday so now we also have a pineapple, Chinese long string beans, and some brussel sprouts.  Talk about random.

No comments: