Friday, November 6, 2009

Workout & last night's food

Last night was mostly upper-body using barbells.

Using 2x 7.5lb weights on each side (30lb + the bar):
- Clean & press
- One-handed deadlift
- One-handed rows
- One-handed shoulder press
- Squats

Using 1x 7.lb weights on each side (15lb + the bar):
- Jerk? (holding the bar with both hands in front, explode and jump while lifting the barbell overhead and landing with legs split)

- Push-ups with each hand on a barbell as they lie almost parallel to the sides.
- Barbell rollouts
- Attempted to do "z" sit-ups, but failed so I did opposite arm to leg crunches instead


When I got home, I cooked dinner using the leftovers and random vegetables we had in the fridge:

- Blanched and then stir-fried some "michihili" Chinese cabbage Lawrence's mom gave us with the rest of the top sirloin that I cut into strips and marinated with soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, green onion, and garlic.
- Heated up the vegetable soup I made the previous night.  The tomato adds a nice sour note to the flavor of the soup.
- I made fried rice from the leftover rice in the fridge, adding in some green onion and 4 eggs.  I should have kept the rice and the egg separate until the egg solidified so that it wouldn't coat the rice and make the rice soggy.  Next time.

No comments: