Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Aerial Fitness

I saw a listing on Yelp for a Trapeze school once and thought that looked cool, if a bit scary. On Ravelry, I just read about someone taking a "silks" class. That's like the cirque du soleil thing where people wrap themselves up in the fabric that hangs from the ceiling and they do cool poses while hanging in midair. Apparently you can take classes for that too. I did a quick search and found this place in Eagle Rock (which is really close to me!!): http://www.focusfish.com/

They've got aerial fitness classes on Saturdays as well as a workout that uses circus props. It's only $10-$20 for one hour so I'd love to give that a try sometime.

I still need to take some time to go check out the archery range on a Saturday morning - maybe this weekend before I go to the Renaissance Faire. :) They have classes 9am-11am, and the first one is free. They ask for a $5 donation for subsequent classes. If you're interested, and have instructor approval, you can sign up for their Basic Archery Instruction Program. It's a 6 week class that meets every Saturday and costs $60. At $10 a class, that is super cheap!

No comments: