Friday, April 17, 2009

Kettlebell Circuit

Last night's workout was a kettlebell circuit.

20 double-handed swings with the 16kg kettlebell.

20 single-handed swings with the 16kg kettlebell on the right arm.

20 single-handed swings with the 16kg kettlebell on the left arm.

20 single-handed swings with the 16kg kettlebell, alternating arms by switching off at the apex of each swing.

20 double swings with an 8kg kettlebell in each hand, alternating arms each swing.

15 push-up/kettlebell lifts using the 12kg kettlebells. With hands on the kettlebells, jump feet back into push-up position. Do a push-up, jump feet forward and stand up, lifting the kettlebells. Rinse & repeat.

15 alternating presses with the 8kg kettlebells. "Clean" both kettlebells to the chest/shoulder (this is a technique that brings the kettlebell up in one smooth motion without hurting your wrist). Alternating pressing each kettlebell straight up.

15 suitcase squats with two 16kg kettlebells.

15 on each leg of....I forget what this one was called. I think it was using two 8kg kettlebells. Keep your back and leg straight while bending forward and lifting one leg up behind you. The kettlebells hang straight down from your shoulder. What it makes me think of is that my standing leg is a fulcrum, and my body and leg together act as a lever (thus must stay straight and in line with each other). On one end of the lever, the kettlebells are pulling me down so the other end of the lever must go up.

There was supposed to be one more exercise (15 rows on each arm with a kettlebell) but I took too many breaks and didn't have enough time. Still, this workout was killer. I'm feeling it already today and tomorrow will be even worse. x_x

Yesterday morning when I woke up, I got a piercing cramp in my right calf. Surprisingly it didn't bother me during exercise. I could feel it afterward though.

No comments: