Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Agility exercises

My first thought when I heard "agility" was the dog agility stuff from playing NintenDogs. Last night at the gym, Melody brought out the speed/agility ladder - a basic rope ladder with plastic rungs. I did various stepping/hopping in and around the rungs, sideways, forward and back. I had to do lunges - 2 forward, 1 back. I also had to do push-ups - alternating between wide push-ups 3 spaces apart and narrow push-ups in a single space, moving all the way down the ladder and back.

All in all, it was rather fun. :) It was pretty cardiovascular too. I had to take a minute or so of a break towards the end to make sure I didn't over extend myself. With the last exercise of hopping 2 spaces forward and 1 space back, Melody threatened dire consequences if I hopped on the lines. I was getting pretty winded by then, but it's amazing how much a threat like that can force you to really focus on what you're doing. :)

I don't look at myself in the mirror all that much, and a lot of the clothes I wear now are stretchy so it's difficult for me to gauge if I've lost any weight. However, just this week I've had 2 friends tell me they can tell I'm losing weight. :D That's always a good sign! The first friend mentioned it while taking my measurements (for a Ren Faire costume...but that's for another post on another blog). The second friend asked me if I was still working out with a personal trainer, and then said that he could tell when he saw me today.

No comments: