Friday, May 15, 2009

VO2 Max Exercising

So today's exercise included VO2 max training.

I started off with some easy warm-ups with a 12kg kettlebell.

30 two-handed swings
20 one-handed swings on each side
10 reps of a kettlebell sequence: clean the kb, do a squat, stand up and press the kb, then swing up into a snatch

Next was a 5 minute sequence of snatches
1 minute on each arm of snatches every 7 seconds
1 minute on each arm of snatches every 5 seconds
30 seconds on each arm of as many snatches as possible (14 each)
4 reps of 7 snatches (15 seconds a rep with 10 seconds of rest in between) one arm at a time

My arms are going to be killinggggg me. According to Melody, my abs and back will be sore too. I was surprised but on my walk back home I actually felt some nausea. I wasn't gasping for breadth or totally wiped out like other workouts, but I did feel slightly nauseous.

I want to go get a pair of rollerblades this weekend.

No comments: