I found an interesting group on Ravelry today. It's the Harry Potter Knitting/Crochet House Cup group. People can join for a Hogwars "school term" at the beginning of which there will be a sorting ceremony to divvy up people into their houses. There are various course subjects like Charms, Herbology, Defense Against the Dark Arts, etc. that you can sign up for. Each one will have assignments that you can complete to earn points for your house. For example, an Herbology assignment could be to create something with a plant fiber. There's even a Quidditch tournament of sorts, adapted to the knitting/crocheting process.
It sounds like a ton of fun and I only wish I had found out about it sooner. I'm not a HP fanatic, but I do enjoy the series and have always loved stuff like this. That brings me to my next point - this totally reminds me of the online Redwall Clubs I used to be in back in junior high! At that time, however, everything was writing/fan-fic based. It's interesting to see the concept carried out to another series in another medium. I wonder if there are more out there. How would I go about finding them??
No comments:
Post a Comment