Monday, August 24, 2009

monday workout

Tonight I did 2 sets for 4 exercises:

1) With 1 foot propped on a bench behind me, and holding a 15 lb dumbbell on that same side, bend the other knee so the dumbbell touches the ground. Stand up and lift the dumbbell to the shoulder, then press it straight up. 15x each side.

2) With a 12kg/26lb kettlebell in each hand, do alternating rows, 15x alternating sets.

3) With those same kettlebells, do a kettlebell push-up (with hands on the handles). 15x

4) On a BOSU ball, lean back all the way and then lean forward to stand up without using hands.

At the end, I still had a couple minutes so Melody had me do one-handed kettlebell windmills. With the kettlebell kept pressed up with one arm, rotate and lower yourself so you can touch the ground with the other arm. I got through 6 of these on each side. It was much more difficult for my left side than my right side.

No comments: