Monday, October 5, 2009

dentist

Wow, my dentist wrote me a letter welcoming me to his office and also a thank you letter to Lawrence for referring me.

So, a couple weeks ago I went in for a teeth cleaning. It was my first time at the dentist's office in probably 3 years. One of my molars was experiencing pain and sensitivity to cold and pressure, so I knew something was up that I needed taken care of. Turns out it was a large cavity. I scheduled with them to get it cleaned out after my trip to SF.

On Thursday I went in and they cleaned out the cavity and infected areas and put in a temporary filling. My dentist said that I needed a root canal, which we scheduled for this coming Saturday. After that, I'll need a crown on the tooth. It would have been a lot scarier, but my dentist did a good job calming me down. With the anesthetics, I could barely feel a thing. It was my first time seeing a dental dam being used, but it really helped because I didn't have random bits of things flying around my mouth. They even put goggles over my eyes to protect them. Because of the fear I had expressed over the procedure, the dentist was very careful to make sure I was numb and not feeling any pain. He even gave me headphones so I could listen to the radio and not think about the noise of the drill.

The bad news...dental work is expensive. I just hope I won't need more done for a long time.

No comments: