Wednesday, October 21, 2009

More bread

I baked my 4th loaf of bread today. I baked it at 470F for 35 minutes. This time I didn't cut into it deep enough on top before baking. It probably would have expanded more. I tried not to handle it too much while shaping so I wouldn't disrupt the air bubbles. I tried to keep the dough flatter and wider too so that it wouldn't be too thick in the middle. I think that may have been a factor in the middle of my bread loaves never being fully cooked.

Bread #1: Rosemary Bread (or what was left of it before I realized I should snap a photo)


Bread #2: Rosemary Bread


Bread #3: 5 minute Artisan Bread


Bread #4: 5 minute Artisan Bread


The color on those last 2 photos is a little darker than it's supposed to be because we had no natural lighting and no good camera lighting.

No comments: