Success of sorts at least. This time, I left it in the oven without having turned the oven on. I let it rise twice and baked it at 375F for 30 min.
It turned out a little denser than optimal, and a little undercooked towards the bottom center. Perhaps it would have cooked more evenly if I didn't just stick it on a cheap baking sheet. If I let the dough rise in a warmer space, it might have also turned out a little lighter.
Taste-wise, it was pretty good. It didn't turn sour so I know I didn't let it rise for too long. The crust is actually decent. We don't have a spray bottle, so I just flicked some water into the oven with my fingers to add moisture (supposedly for better crust).
When it came out, the outside was not brown and pretty. That could have been due to not baking long enough or not putting stuff on the outside (olive oil? egg?).
I would love to do this again, but I think I'm not strong enough to knead the dough properly. It seemed to be kneaded so much better after Lawrence did it...and ugh, that sucks. I hate not being strong enough for things. With practice, I hope, it'll get better. This can be a supplementary arm workout for arm endurance.
2 comments:
nina! you need to post pictures to go with the bread!
and haha saw this on my google homepage: http://www.wikihow.com/Attend-an-Anime-Convention
Ahh, haha, I should have taken pictures. I'll take a pic of what's left I suppose. The next attempt should be better.
Post a Comment